Monday, April 14, 2008

Looks Like Dinner

Well not really, I'm not a hunter. As I was driving to work this morning a deer and this wild turkey wandered across the road a couple of hundred meters in front of me. I knew the deer would disappear into the woods but the turkey strolled along the forest edge. Getting closer was out of the question because any sudden movement would send him running for cover and my previous experience with birds leaves me skittish (I may tell that story one day). If you click on the photo you will get a better view.

6 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

It looks neat, I have never seen one in the wild before. I have heard them, but not seen them.

Kitty said...

aw...I love his feathers.
They make him look like he's wearing a skirt.

It's nice to see nature walking around. I love it!

Olivier said...

j'aime beaucoup ton titre ;o). deux belles rencontre pendant ta promenade
I love your title ;o). Two beautiful encounter during your walk

Alex said...

Impressive !! It's big !!
We have no wild turkey in Europe.

Anonymous said...

This is a nice photo. I would love to be able to see some wild turkeys here where I live.

iBlowfish said...

Wow, this must be interesting scene for me, since I have never seen a wild turkey in wild before. Very interesting post. Thank you.